Zebras are unique animals. As you may know they have white bodies and black stripes. But there is a new argument coming up. Now instead of people all agreeing " Zebras have white bodies and black stripes. People are rebelling and saying that Zebras have black bodies and white stripes." Here are some other interesting Facts about Zebras:
- Every zebra has a unique pattern of black and white stripes.
- There are a number of different theories which attempt to explain zebra’s unique stripes with most relating to camouflage.
- Wild zebras live in Africa.
- Common plain zebras have tails around half a metre in length (18 inches).
- Zebra crossings (pedestrian crossings) are named after the black and white stripes of zebras.
- Zebras run from side to side to being chased by a predator.
- Zebras have excellent eyesight and hearing.
- Zebras stand up while sleeping.
- Zebras eat mostly grass.
- The ears of a zebra show its mood.
- A zebra named Marty starred in the 2005 animated film Madagascar.